Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Trip to West Seattle & Other Stuff

Sadly Winnie had to go back to Las Vegas last Thursday (miss you momma!) so we decided to spend the afternoon West Seattle before heading out to the airport. Although we have been to West Seattle many times, the view of downtown and Elliot Bay still takes my breath away. The first visit for me was in November 1997... Michael drove me over there at night and popped open a box of chocolate covered strawberries and said "happy one month anniversary!" I was certainly impressed with him as well as the view - the lights of downtown reflecting off the tranquil waters on a cold, clear night. Ah, young love!



After a leisurely drive along Alki, we stopped by Husky Deli to say hi to cousins Alice, Jack & Ian and show off the baby and then headed over to the bakery down the street for a slice of carrot cake and almond croissants. If you click on the link there is a picture of Jack and Ian and Ian's son in the bottom right corner.
Great-Grandpa Hugh (Michael's grandfather) has very much enjoyed of the arrival of Harrison and stops by our home nearly every day. He sits and holds Harrison while we watch a little ESPN and perhaps munch on some cookies or other treats. We enjoy his quiet, calming presence and hope that he is happy and enjoys his great-grandson as well.

Lastly I had to show this awesome Diaper Cake. After my baby showers, I realized that I had not received a diaper cake and was slightly bummed just because I think they are super creative and fun. Well, a few days after we came home from the hospital, Aunt Sharon (Raina's aunt) sent us this diaper cake that was so well done I had surely thought she had ordered it from a professional. The little toys are bath toys and she rolled up baby socks to make them look like roses. I love it!

Lastly, here are a couple cute pics of Harrison at about 8 days old.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

GREAT job Sharon on the diaper cake! So much detail and perfect bath toys and accessories!