While the big boys were away, mom and Tucker had a date with Auntie Chyna for dim sum and bubble tea and enjoyed the rainy, blustery afternoon together.
About the same time Tucker also turned 3 months old, he's getting so big so fast!
Despite having my hands full, I did manage to get the kids coordinating Christmas jammies and take their picture in anticipation of our annual Christmas card. This was the winner, coming soon to a mailbox near you! Of course I couldn't get them both to smile.
Thanksgiving was spent and Aunt Shivonne and Uncle John's house and auntie Chyna got to come as well since she stayed in town for the long weekend. The evening was nice, warm and full of family but alas, no photos. Chyna spent the rest of the weekend at our home and we enjoyed having her around, especially me. She kindly agreed to babysit for an evening while we went to out for a few hours to a comedy club with friends and poor thing was stuck with a crying baby that I was sure would not wake up! After a quick call to me, she rocked the baby back to sleep and also got Harrison put down to bed, what a pro.
I just found a list I jotted down, verbatim, of all the things Harrison said he was thankful for:
- cereal
- pumpkins
- yummy food
- for the food I eat
- toys
- the things for my birthday
- Spiderman, Captain America and the other guy that flies (Iron Man) and all the other super heroes
Something random Harrison said that was cute: one day he told me that I am "pretty like a sister, but you're a mommy." Puzzled, I asked him what he meant and he said something about a stitch; after some deciphering I realized he meant that, in referring to the movie "Lilo & Stitch," he thought I am pretty like Lilo's sister. I think he means that she is pretty and Hawaiian and he thinks I am pretty and look Hawaiian.
This also reminds me of when we were watching ESPN's coverage of the Nathan's hot dog eating contenst (on July 4), women's division, when my three year old blurts out, "she looks like mommy!" Luckily the national champ hadn't started eating yet otherwise I might have more in common with her than just a passing resemblance (I was pregnant at the time). You be the judge.






1 comment:
awwww! He knows that he was a beautiful mommy. I think Nani is super awesome by the way! (Wink, wink)
Post a Comment