Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Rest of December

The entire month of December is always busy, here are some of the things worth noting:

We decided to sell the beloved "Saabaru" which Michael bought in June 2005 a few weeks after we were married. Before our friend came to pick it up, Harrison became nostalgic and sad so we decided to take a picture with it so he wouldn't forget daddy's blue car.

Mom pulled out all sorts of crafts to celebrate the season including marshmallow snowmen, frosting sugar cookies with friends, making our first ever gingerbread house (from a kit) and making brownies because I love brownies. 





One of the last big projects we worked on were ornaments Harrison would give as gifts for family members. They smelled amazing because they are made with tons of ground cinnamon and applesauce (and white Elmer's glue to hold the shape). We mixed it together with our hands, rolled and cut them out like sugar cookies then bake to dry them out. Viola!



Enter Michael Fein. Dad, ever the amazing provider, worked late and arrived home around 9pm just as I was putting Harrison to bed. I came downstairs and saw him hovering over the ornaments in the darkened kitchen and blurted out "don't eat those!" as he simultaneously started spitting over the kitchen sink and muttered something like "I just figured that out!" Dad notoriously wants to dig into baked goods fresh out of the oven and I constantly have to tell him to wait. He says that it was dark, something smelled delicious and he was hungry, why should he think anything is amiss? We are still laughing about this little episode.

After Harrison decorated the ornaments with colored glitter glue and I added ribbon, he chose a few to add to his kid Christmas tree. When we went to the tree lot just after Thanksgiving and we were waiting for the tree to go onto our car, Harrison rounded a corner and found an assortment of small trees. He became super excited, pulled a tree out and exclaimed that it was "just my size!" Michael and I remember years our parents let us have our own Christmas trees so we indulged and took this sweet little tree home. 


This is the part of the blog where I admit to being a poor parent. I did not take any pictures on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, save this one photo of Harrison's dictated note to Santa and the plate of cookies. Sorry Tucker, I blew documenting your first Christmas. If it is any consolation, you were very happy visiting with family and watching all the hubbub.


1 comment:

Winnie said...

You are a great documentarian Raina, and a greater MOM to your boys yet!