Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Monday, December 17, 2012

Our Tucker

I can hardly believe my baby Tucker is almost 4 months old already and he seems to develop a new skill almost daily. His neck muscles keep his head up well and his abdominal muscles continue to strengthen so that he will sit upright in my arms steadily most of the time (although he can't be trusted not to tip over quite yet). Lying down, you can see him try to crunch his abs to sit up to no avail but he can hold my fingers and I can pull him into a sitting position. He recently got into the excersaucer and loves it, even managing to push buttons to make animal sounds to his surprise and delight. He tracks objects with his eyes and movements of his head. Though he grabs fingers tightly he doesn't grab objects but does bat at hanging toys. His favorite people are definitely mom, dad and Harrison, as he will give us big smiles whenever he greets us. Without a doubt, he looks very much like his daddy.

This past week I started reading short books to him before nap time and consistently read "The Little Blue Truck" and now when I sit him down he smiles when he sees the book and I start reading! To help Harrison feel more included I asked him to join us in the rocking chair when we read and he enjoys this time with us even if they are short "baby books" with few words.



Tucker gives huge smiles and lots of laughs and brings us so much joy. He still has such a sweet disposition, really only cries when he is tired or hungry but even then it is mostly a whine. Tucker is super cuddly and happy after a meal, full of smiles and "goos" and it is mom and dad's favorite time with him during the day.


Harrison is so funny, he speaks in this ear piercing high pitched voice and uses it to pretend to be Tucker talking to us. Even funnier, he will dialogue between himself and Tucker, something like this:

"Tucker": wahhh, I want to put this little toy in my mouth!

Harrison: no, no Tucker, you can't have it you will choke, and then you will get sick and have to go to the hopstibal (hospital).

Tucker and I drop off and pick up Harrison at school twice a week and when we arrive all the other kids run up behind Harrison and say "hiiii bay-beeee Tuck-errrrr" in a cute, super drawn out way. They all want to say hi or look or touch him (which they are forbidden to do, ack, the germs!) and they are all oh so sweet. Harrison relishes in the fact that he is the only one that gets to give Tucker hugs, kisses and gently strokes his head as they greet.
updated: 12/21/12