Me: Harrison, tomorrow we get to go see Santa.
HJ: Tomorrow?
Me: Yes, tomorrow after breakfast.
HJ: (in a rousing rendition of his days-of-the-week song) Suuuun-day, Mon-Day, Tues-day, Wedns-day, Thurs-day, Friiiii-Day, Sat-UR-day, Those-are-the Daaays of-the-week... Hey! There's no "tomorrow!"
So true, my son! Well this morning Harrison woke up and as he does every morning he asked me sleepily, "what we going to do to day, mommy?" When I reminded him we are going to see Santa he spent most of the rest of the morning jumping up and down around the house saying, "Santa! Santa! Santa!" He helped pick out his perfect Christmas outfit, excitedly waited while I dug out his belt (!) and attempted to stand still while I wet down and then blow dried his hair to remove the bedhead look. Dad had him practice his "Santa Smile" for the photos as well as his answers to the most likely questions Santa would ask. I imagine it was a little like the President of the United States prepping for a press conference regarding his close ally to the north.
As is his nature, the minute he got up to Santa he suddenly became introverted and barely managed to smile for the photos. When he got his 60 seconds alone with Santa and was asked what he wanted for Christmas he replied, as rehearsed, "Spiderman Books."
Tucker for his part did not cry or squirm, he was mostly confused to wake up from a nap to find Santa, Santa's helpers, extended family and bright lights and decorations everywhere.

1 comment:
Harrison was well prepared for Santa! I am impressed!
Love the picture. You will have to frame it and pull it out every Christmas!
Post a Comment