Last week Harrison had his third visit to the dentist and is now "an old pro." In fact when I told him the day before that we would be going he practically begged me to take him immediately. I would be just as excited to go to the dentist if I had Dora cartoons playing when I looked up with headphones drowning out the noise of the equipment.
He let her brush and floss without any issue at all. Harrison also happily endured the strawberry fluoride treatment. I am glad this was accomplished because he is still on "infant"(fluoride-free) toothpaste at home... we haven't really taught him to spit yet, in fact he practically sucks all the toothpaste off his toothbrush at home and swallows it. Actually, come to think of it, he has grabbed the tube and tried to suck the paste out once or twice. That's at the bottom of my to-do list with him right now.
She was impressed with his ability to follow instructions and sit calmly so she suggested trying x-rays. Unfortunately, he has had x-rays before at hospitals which had been a bit traumatic for him so he got a little nervous when he realized what was going on. That said, he "manned up" (as dad would say) and did his best not to move (although he did just a little and we couldn't see all the adult teeth clearly). Seriously, how do you expect a toddler to (a) sit still and don't move and (b) don't spit out the film strip poking him in the mouth.
After the visit, he gets a little token that he gets to put into one of eight toy dispensers in the lobby. Harrison took this task very seriously and debated for five full minutes where his precious token should go. In the end, it yielded a toy sandwich small enough to choke on and small enough to be of no use in any play time situation. There's always next time buddy!



1 comment:
I am sooooo impressed!What a big boy!
Post a Comment