Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Harrion is Happy

So I actually typed this up on 8/10 but didn't get around to posting it until 9/3... I think it still counts for August since the information is old... just trying to fill my four post per month self inflicted quota...


Whenever one starts a new job, it is wise to review one's progress after a couple months. I stopped working on June 1st and two months have past therefore I thought I would ask my "boss" for some constructive feedback on my job performance. I asked him yesterday if he remembers when he used to go to school and when he said "yes" I could see in his eyes he definitely remembers day care. I asked if he would rather go to school or stay home with mom and he said "stay home with mom!" and gave me a big hug and smile. I would like to think that my motherly diplomacy and multitasking skills earned me this high performance rating, not the trip to Disneyland, Taos or the many outings to Seattle especially as family members visited, trips to to the zoo and frozen yogurt shop as well as playing with Will, Amelie or the other neighborhood kids almost daily.

Harrison has become a Disney cartoon fanatic. We started watching an episode or two of "The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" daily and there are certain phrases and songs that are repeated that he has learned. If I start to sing the theme song, he will join in. At the end of each show, they do "the hot dog dance" which at first I thought was really weird, but now the song is permanently etched in my brain and I love to sing it to him. But best of all, he will "do" the hot dog dance and do it emphatically while singing along. At the very end, he will throw his arms open wide, like some Broadway star and belt out "Mickey Mouse.... Club.... HOUSE!" Hot diggity dog he is awesome.

Lately we have been watching YouTube as we realized there are a plethora of Disney cartoons available, including the ones from the 1930s, '40s and '50s. After exhausting the supply of Mickey cartoons, we ventured into Donald Duck and before long we found a series with Donald battling the chipmunks. Now he asks for "chipmunks" every time I crack open the laptop.  

I found some "new" chipmunk cartoons he hadn't seen yet and said "here is a new one" to which he replied by throwing his arms around my neck, giving a big squeeze hug, then pulling back to look me in the eye with his arms still around my neck and say "i love you mom!" followed by a bevy of kisses. Quitting work has certainly been good to our relationship!

No comments: