On a recent Saturday in early August, dad got to go to a Husky football practice game. Besides the excitement the Husky football always brings to our home, that day we had a couple other fun things stir up some excitement at our house. For starters, we finally got bar stools for the kitchen island, something that dad had been begging me to buy for ages. So I made breakfast and they metaphorically broke a bottle of champagne to commemorate their maiden voyage.
I left the house for a couple hours to run some errands and I came home to find an old sauce jar in the sink, with what looked like air holes punched in the lid. When I inquired what purpose this was for I found out that while on the back deck the boys found a frog sitting in our planter bench. While we back up to a pond and woods, we usually don't find anything other than bugs near our house so this was really exciting. Luckily dad grabbed a camera becuase by the time I got home they had released him into the wild.
The boys walked it around the neighborhood, specifically to show his friend Will who has also knocked on our door to show us a worm/snail/cool rock he has discovered. Although Will was not home, Will's dad went to the Husky practice that evening with Michael so Will and his mom came over for some make-your-own-pizza and throw rocks in the backyard fun. It was so nice the moms could chill in the kitchen while the boys played. Will is nearly 5 and Harrison is 2.5 but they get along pretty well despite the age difference. It's funny how kids influence other kids... both decided to eat some toppings that are normally well out of their repertoire; Harrison scarfed down pepperoni and sun dried tomatoes while Will tried and liked several things while his mom sat behind him with her mouth open as he normally wouldn't touch them. Is it possibly my child is a positive influence?



1 comment:
Raina...what great updates! You and your family have so much fun together and it sounds like there are just a ton of things to do in Seattle. Keep enjoying it! :)
Post a Comment