Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Husky Game

 Harrison knows that "W" stands for Washington Huskies, he points it out all the time on hats, T-shirts, and random words. He knows the Huskies play football and he has been to a couple practice games to see them in action. Last Saturday Harrison finally got to go to his Husky game and preceding tailgate! Mom just had to buy him a Husky jersey and T-shirt so he could blend in with the college kids. He was pretty excited:



We went with a bunch of friends including our neighbors and their five your old son Will. They both watched in awe as the players ran out of the tunnel through "fog" and loud cheers from the crowd. During kick off, the band players a drum beat during which fans will waive a hat or their hand in time to the beat in a chopping sort of motion. Harrison didn't miss a beat, ripped his hat off his head and joined in while I managed to catch just the end of it on video (yeah, I took it sideways...again.. so watch with your head to the side for nine seconds):
During second quarter, Harrison got pretty restless so I took him out to get a snack but before eating, I walked him over to the giant ramps that wind up the side of the stadium to the upper level and got him to run up and down them for awhile... even after that he was just bursting with energy. Ah, to be two again.

By third quarter the boys were captivated, nay, enthralled, by the game as evidenced in this photo of them laying on the bench head to head.
At the end of the day, Harrison told me he wanted more Huskies, despite the fact he was pretty restless during the game. We had lots of fun, the Huskies won, but it may be another year before I sit through another game with him again... I barely got to watch it since I watched him doing laps climbing up three rows of bleaches and back down again!

No comments: