Welcome to my blog, it's all things Team Fein all the time!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Po Po & Grand Hart Visit

Winnie and Hart arrived in early August to spend 5 days with Team Fein and auntie Chyna. There was a request to spend some time near the water so we made several trips to the beach and also enjoyed a water taxi ride from West Seattle into downtown Seattle.

Harrison's imagination has started to sprout and while at Edmonds beach he told us he was making "soup" with Po Po. I did not sample it but I trust it was fine cuisine.





Harrison and Grand Hart also searched the shoreline for little treasures, like shells and rocks.

Mukilteo has a lighthouse Harrison was eager to visit as he became very interested in them since he has one in his Train set. This was also only the second lighthouse I had ever visited and I find them very fascinating.





This photo is a little tongue in cheek; I have a "thing" about letting my kid run around in nothing but a diaper in public but it was a hot day and we didn't have spare clothes. Dad thinks all kids look cute in nothing but a diaper and as you can see he won that argument. Although technically Harrison is also wearing a hat so perhaps we can call this a compromise.
The grandparents couldn't get their fill of seafood, we must have eaten fish at almost every meal! We enjoyed a nice night out for sushi... Harrison managed not to spill this boiling hot miso soup he picked up while we weren't looking.

 Saturday night we had a girl's night and tried out the new Din Tai Fung in Bellevue... we ate more than our fair share of dumplings. As we drove home stuffed, we elected to stop for some bubble tea for good measure, but they were out of the tapioca but that was our only disappointment that evening. The boys went out for pizza at Elliot Bay Pizza down the street and watched a "manly" movie at home when Harrison went to sleep.

 Another day went visited West Seattle and walked along the beach. No photos, but we watched gulls  attacking an eagle or some kind of a hawk, but the hawk kept circling back for more.
Hart checking out the Statue of Liberty replica
Mom and Harrison strolling near some driftwood

 After a nice trip on the water taxi back to downtown, we enjoyed lunch outdoors in the sunshine at Elliot's... for the second time in two days. Like I said, they couldn't get enough of the fresh seafood!
 well, that was a bit out of order but I waited too long to blog and blogger was difficult managing my photos today. So Po Po, you'd better not count on this blog as an accurate accounting for your time in Seattle.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Yeah! finally new posts! I began to get tired of looking at the same HJ licking icecream for 30 days straight! Well, not really, I never get tired of looking at my grandson's cute little face.
Love the the new pics and legends. Great visit re-lived!